The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Why so serious?

I have become convinced as I've grown older that there are some people who  know nothing more than to inflict pain.  That seems their purpose in life.

Why that is and how we became that culture I'm not sure I'll ever know or understand. 

But I know they exist, they keep rearing their ugly heads in my own life so I can attest to their existence.  No one is nor should they be prefect.  But to exert much energy to create turmoil in the life of another for no gain, nor any discernible reason, is unconscionable.

True, we all have fantasies of revenge of destruction of venting our anger at someone or something, but we seldom if ever act on it.  Because we know the reward will be short lived, if it exists at all. 

But those who live to hurt others don't care about that and turning their own hatred inward is the inevitable step.  It's also the best revenge...just to know it will happen.

If we can't have harmony at least we should have justice.

And so it goes:

No comments: