The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

He does it with better grace, but I do it more natural

What the hell is up with the universe?  Yesterday I had found a house, I was awaiting settlement on Daddy dearest's estate and I was going to the semi-country to live my days in pottery making, part time teaching bliss.

And yet..no.

Yesterday I text a friend.  "Well, I found a house."  The response?  "Don't buy it you may have a job elsewhere."


A few more details might have been nice.

Then I learn that I've been recommended for a job as Producing Artistic Director of a certain Shakespeare Festival. 

What?!?!?!?!

Well, first it's in a state I have no real desire to live in.  Second, I really don't think I have the qualifications for the job.  Third, it sounds like and awful lot of work.  Fourth, I haven't yet set a date to talk with them. 

So, though I'm not committing myself to the house purchase just yet, and besides it'll take months anyway I have to go through the Fannie Mae foreclosure bureaucracy.  I am intending to at least talk to them.

So I ask you again, What the fuck is up with the universe?

And so it goes:

No comments: