I've just about come to a decision. It's a tough one for me, because it means compromise and I'm NOT good at that.
My father's estate will be settled in a few months and I'm thinking abut using some of it to buy a house.
I'm thinking that house may be right where I am already.
Believe me there are several pro/con lists already. But in the end it all boils down to the fact that I'm 53 and finding a full time teaching job in this environment is extremely unlikely at my age. And I love that job so I might just have to stay here to keep the one I've got.
If i buy this little house I just found yesterday, and then rent a space in the small downtown district a few blocks away I think I might be ale to be a potter full time and walk to work. Saving me gas money, and keeping my teaching job, and eliminating the mortgage payment we all abhor.
This would free up a modicum of funds for my favorite pasttime...travel.
It could work.
It scares me, but it could work if I'm willing to attempt to overcome my phobia of commitment.
lol as if...
And so it goes: