The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Thursday, January 27, 2011

I don't do this for a reason

I try to keep this blog separate from my work because, well because they're two different parts of my life, AND I already have a blog about my directing.

But tonight was such a great rehearsal I have to comment.

I love working with young actors.. they're just so willing. These two are working and working and unfortunately as with all actors their age they have the attention span of gnats, and they lose focus. But they try and try and bit by bit they're learning to trust themselves and I can step out of the picture so they can learn their own invention.

Tonight we started adding the music and the whole show changed. The added dimension is astounding. I cannot wait to show this thing to an audience.

And so it goes:

No comments: