The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

synchronicity

Last night I came home, looked at my facebook page and discovered that I am now going through the loss of a parent along with a friend.  She lost her mother Monday. 

In joyous preparation for the holiday feast (on each other) my family  has moved, per our usual haste, from the grief stage to "The Lion in Winter" stage, in which many are jockeying and plotting to get as much power and possession as they can, as quickly as they can. The wise ones are fleeing.  I'm sticking around to see how this comes out.  It's like watching Gladiator starring your own siblings.

Family...ya know I love 'em!

It occurs to me that today is my nephews birthday.  Happy Birthday you worthless blame shifting, wife beating, excuse making son of a bitch.

And so it goes:

No comments: