The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Monday, October 25, 2010

Back in the saddle

I was off my game last week for reasons I cannot comprehend. Didn't want to make pots, didn't want to teach, didn't want to work or move. I didn't feel depressed, I just wasn't motivated.

But that seems to have changed.

Hopefully next week's election won't send me back into the doldrums.

There's no shortage of predictions that the election could go any way at all. Last week the GOP was headed for a sweeping takeover of both houses of congress. This week Obama and the Dems have all increased their numbers.

No one knows until we all vote.

Speaking of which, I implore you, gay, straight, republican democrat, whatever VOTE next Tuesday. Please don't vote out of anger, do that thing we Americans rarely do. Make an informed decision. READ about your candidates and your party and know who and what you are voting for. Do your best not to splinter the parties, what we've got isn't working as well as it should but piecemealing new parties isn't the answer either.

Remember what Phil Connors said to the groundhog: "Don't drive angry. Don't drive angry!" just apply it to your vote please.

and so it goes:

No comments: