The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Monday, September 27, 2010

If I could just stay in the house...

I was all set to write this lovely post talking about how we're all in this together and in the end that's how we'll get through it.

And then I left the house.

I forgot I had an appt this morning with the chiropractor and when I was waiting this guy walks in wearing a t-shirt that says "You must repent" on the front, and "the kingdom of heaven is at hand" on the back.  Now there is always the possibility that he could be wearing it tongue-in-cheek, but that's quite the risk isn't it?   I decided then and there I need one that says something to the effect of "Care for your fellow man, religion is mythology and God doesn't exist."

That should start a few conversations.

And when I returned I looked at Joemygod, which I'm starting to think I should never do, it just raises my ire. And he has a post that contains the following:

 




And yes in truth we stand to lose a lot.  There are those of us who won't be able to go back in the closet an- those of us who will feel compelled to fight no matter the cost. But let's hope the battle's won are many.

And so it goes:

No comments: