The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

How ya' gonna keep 'em down on the farm

As if I needed further proof that were a third world country I heard an interview the other day regarding a couple trying to reach each other after the husband was rescued from the Deepwater Horizon. 


She said in the interview that she took a taxi, (which she'd never been in) and then rode in an airplane (she was terrified but determined to reach her husband) on her journey.  

This is a woman who lives in the United States in the 21st Century, not a third world country! Well, admittedly she does live in Houston...but still. It's an apt demonstration of how backward most of the residents of most countries in the world are.  Which means we have yet another poster child for my campaign against modern education.


I've been reading recently that there are legions of new teachers graduating this month who won't find jobs because most municipalities are slashing the budgets of their school districts in response to the ongoing economic crisis.  And we're still going to graduate people who are terrified to ride in a taxi the first time as adults.


Yes, personally I want to eschew all the taxi riding and city livin', but I have the choice!  I can take it or leave it.  I've done it.  How many will never go more than 50 miles from their home in their lives?


And so it goes:

No comments: