The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Your assignment is...

To get off the damn computer and go vote!

I'll try to check in a few times today but you really need to vote. No matter what you've got to do, and it may take some time, depending on your polling place, because there may be lines, you MUST vote today.

It's so important.

Yes, vote like I want you to, but even if you don't go out and do it anyway.

Did I mention that I wasn't going to vote because Obama was my third choice and I wasn't that crazy about him? Then I heard that that bastard my adoptive father was going to switch parties and vote republican for the first time in his life because he's such a bigot he wouldn't vote for a black man.

Naturally, that made up my mind and if for no other reason I had to cast my ballot.

Of course, he's in the hospital trying to die today, which will never happen, so he may or may not have had the chance to vote. No matter, he motivated me to exercise my right to vote, and you should to, the reason can be bullshit like mine,(it actually happened, but it's still bullshit) but you need to do it.

No comments: