The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Living up to high praise

"I know we've thrown you into the deep end on your first week.  But I also know you can swim."

Nice to hear from your new boss, but living up to it when I'm not feeling ready...yikes.

My immediate supervisor has departed as of yesterday afternoon for the holidays, meaning she won't be back until the 3rd.  I have two more days until I leave for the holidays and I'll be gone until the 3rd as well.  After that, I'm in the hot seat.

I have to learn three new suites of software and develop and prepare training materials for about 155 hard-boiled school librarians who'll be tapping their toes at me come early January. 

oy!

I can't tell you how much fun I'm havng!

And so it goes.


No comments: