The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Howard Stern/ Al Sharpton

Howard Stern's recent revelations about his feelings regarding gay and lesbian men and women in this country were almost as depressing to me as the day I agreed with Al Sharpton.

Howard says something to the effect that he's given this subject a lot of thought and we're "downtrodden."

Ok, well I can't disagree with him there, however, it makes me feel the same way I did when I ran into an old friend I'd been thinking about and then remembered why I stopped seeing him.  He felt I was this poor wretch who needed him and his ilk to reach out to save me from the rigors of being...well, me.

And though I admire that kind of compassion I really don't want nor need to be thought of as something/someone who needs to be helped through this life.  I'm quite capable thank you, and I find it more than a little insulting that you think I'm not.

Howard was right when he said we're citizens of the U.S. and we should (do) have the same rights as everyone else, I've been saying so for years.

It's just that even if you're on the side of right, it's not necessary to pity me because i exist.  It shouldn't be a big deal at all, I guess that's my point.

Off to work where I assure someone will mention the fact that the gay guy at work is so much fun.  Argh!

and so it goes:

No comments: