The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Monday, August 16, 2010

enough with the pity already

Not that I've really been having a pity party recently I've just been discouraged over the way that events have been unfolding.

Though they're going to go they way they're going to go, I'd rather they went differently.

I'm torn too over direction. Do I take off for the southwest (not without a job) or do I stick with the bird I have in hand? (as it appears) For now I have to stick with the bird, my little gemini insecurities about money prevent me from throwing caution to the wind and taking off. I like my car too much to go back to playing the "I wonder what'll happen when I turn this key" game.

I have decided that I simply can't pick one profession and just do that from now on. Can't do it, don't care the consequences. I simply cannot do it.

I can't give up teaching and directing for pottery and I can't give up writing and/or riding for a sure paycheck. I won't do it.

I came up with an ideal combination in my head for all the current possibilities and it's pretty cool. Now to see how to make any version of it happen.

And so it goes:

No comments: