The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Monday, December 15, 2008

How could I not know this?



Van Johnson was gay.

Well, well, well.

I suppose I actually did know this, I just never really cared that much about it. But it's interesting to know that people's secrets all come out eventually don't they?

It reminds me of that old rumor about Danny Kaye and Lawrence Olivier. After I heard it I could never look at Olivier's pictures again without thinking.

Danny Kaye!?!?!

I suppose where the heart leads is a mystery. I have this feeling I may be about to find this out firsthand soon. Oy!

1 comment:

LL aka Lisa-Lin said...

Hmm. Maybe Larry had a thing for Danny's red hair....! :) I just watched Van Johnson in the classic "Yours, Mine, and Ours" with Henry Fonda and Lucille Ball. I had my inner Turner Classic Movies self going. Van Johnson was kinda hot in that movie.