The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Prodigal returneth


I’ve been neglectful these past few days, but it was moving weekend. Thank God that’s over. Well, not entirely, now I have to unpack. Which means I get to find all that stuff I have been looking for since Friday.

It’s been an eventful few days, I have a new apt, new glasses, a haircut, a new tv (don’t get me started) new patio furniture, new window tinting, new artwork, and of course new debt as a result of most of that. But what the fuck.

I carried a lot of stuff up the stairs into the new place this weekend, the movers did most of it, but still there was artwork, cd’s and dvd’s, electronics, clothes. Stuff I just knew it was smarter to move myself. There are 16 stairs from the ground to my apt. For all my bike riding, my calves were still unprepared.

But I’m in! It’s so nice to live among people again! People who don’t bother you, people who keep to themselves and don’t feel they have to talk when they see you, people who aren’t crazy. I’ve actually slept three whole nights through in my own bed. I hardly know how to act with actual rest. This coming three day weekend I plan to get three more days.


I appropriated the picture off towleroad.com. I may just have to go to Mexico City next pride season.

I need to play catch up big-time this week so have a good one.

Love

No comments: