The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Catholics..man they crack me up

Those crazy catholics are at it again. They've come up with more mortal sins! As though the old fashioned ones, like adultery and murder, weren't enough, they wanted more. (sounds like a catholic)

In their latest paroxysm of hypocrisy they've added these to the list:

1. Genetic modification
2. Carrying out experiments on humans
3. Polluting the environment
4. Causing social injustice
5. Causing poverty
6. Becoming obscenely wealthy
7. Taking drugs

Have you ever noticed that most of those of us who make a habit of bad-mouthing the Catholics are those who were raised in that "faith"

If you truly want to know if something is rotting from the inside out, work your way out from the center.

I think becoming obscenely wealthy is my favorite. I can hear Benedict wondering to himself, "Now where did I put that original Da Vinci painting? Ah! Of course, in the closet with my red Prada Shoes and my "assistant."

"Taking drugs" With the recent revelation (pun intended) that Moses may have been tripping his ass off on Mt. Sinai I find this one particularly troubling. I mean really, who goes around seeing burning bushes except someone on acid?


Well, those of us with no faith in organized religion at all have actual work to do to prepare for a much deserved vacation this weekend. If you pray, pray for Benny, he's gonna need it one day when he goes to that great haberdashery in the sky.

(thanks to joemygod.com for the heads up on the latest in sins)

No comments: