The soul has greater need of the ideal than the real for it is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live

Thursday, November 1, 2007

parallels

Yesterday Daniel the guy in the Desert blog featured this picture.

His caption was:

"He's not quite gorgeous enough to make me believe, but more than gorgeous enough to make me play along..."



Did you ever believe there was a parallel universe? I think Del is living in mine.


Today is all about organization. And I'm not organized at all. I woke up a little late and I fear the whole day will reflect that.

But I'd be willing to bet that tomorrow the sun rises and the birds chirp.

I noticed this morning that Nancy and George are fighting again. I hope I don't have to separate those two.

They both need to shut the hell up and get to work. There are problems to solve and squabbling like little kids for the cameras doesn't do much for me.

Still looking for ways to overcome apathy and attract actors to my staged reading program here at the library. I think I'll have to go out and beat the bushes a little at first. Next week I think a trip to the commuinity colleges is in order.

I have little planned for the weekend. A little jaunt with my brother to visit my aunt. Then it's ride horses and make pots all weekend. There is a band at the blues club by my apt that I want to hear so that may be where I spend Saturday evening. A couple of weeks ago I went a little crazy and indulged my watch fetish. So I have three watches that need the bands shortened this weekend and that's a project I have to undertake if I have a good eyesight day.

I've noticed recently that the fashion among lots of men is to wear an outrageously expensive watch.

I got no problem with that!

I love watches and since I don't wear any other jewelry it's fun to shop for them. Well, until the credit card bills come anyway.

Last week it was a Seiko, a Swiss Army watch and on a more practical note a Timex. Though I wonder why I bought that one. I can't seem to wear any watch for my daily use except the Swiss Army I've had for several years. It doesn't hurt that the red face and white hands are easy to read.

I do want a Movado and a Tag Heuer though. I'd say if I manage not to indulge the recent fascination I have developed for new furniture I'll get at least one of those for Christmas. I think I may need to stop at like ten or twelve watches. It may be getting our of hand at that point.

New furniture though. That is something I should look at. I've had this stuff for like ten or twelve years and though it's still in good shape. I've spent a lot of hours on that couch and it may just be time to re-think it's place in my life.

Well, the question is decided for now, holiday travel is staring me in the face, so furniture is a moot point. Besides, wasn't I just a while back talking about divesting myself of all those material goods and moving to Santa Fe without encumbrance? I'm sure that was me.

Watches can go in the pocket of a suitcase. Couches take a little more room than that.

Well,like George and Nancy I need to shut the hell up and get to work.

Love

1 comment:

A Bear in the Woods said...

I feel like I'm late for my life, much less the morning.